Buyer - Indirect Material
Company: Carl Zeiss Inc.
Location: White Plains
Posted on: October 22, 2019
BUYER - INDIRECT MATERIAL
WHITE PLAINS, NY
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of
what is possible. That s just what our employees are doing every
single day in order to set the pace through our innovations and
enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful
company are many great fascinating people.
Provide purchasing leadership for effective sourcing and
procurement of Indirect Material (NPM) for ZEISS U.S. entities
located throughout the United States and work in alignment with
strategies developed with Carl Zeiss AG Oberkochen Germany.
These responsibilities require strong peer and supplier leadership
skills to assure optimum quality, cost, and service are provided by
an aligned supply base to meet our stakeholder requirements.
Effectively works across and aligns multiple business groups to
monitor the performance of suppliers against contractual standards
and works with them to achieve improvements in costs and
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE KEEN TO TRY SOMETHING NEW:
* Collaborate and develop strong relationships and an active
network with other procurement leaders and colleagues from the
corresponding departments at each U.S. entity.
* Develop category strategies for Zeiss U.S. to provide the best
service and cost savings opportunity benefiting multiple entities;
Collaborate with NPM buyers in Carl Zeiss AG Oberkochen/ Germany to
develop global strategies. Facilitate cross-organizational
discussion to understand business needs and achieve consensus and
support for initiatives
* Effectively lead negotiations and manage supplier selection to
meet quality, service, and cost requirements; Initiates and
monitors contract negotiations with suppliers for NPM projects.
Manages and optimizes the supply network for assigned commodities.
Implements ACS supplier management programs. Strives to optimally
leverage suppliers' capabilities and cost position. Develop and
manage strategic partner alliances if applicable.
* Reports monthly procurement KPI's.
* Collaborate in defining and implementing best in class for NPM
and service programs; Actively identify and seek out new
opportunities to reduce cost and increase optimization of existing
processes (e.g. online catalog). Coordinate planning and
optimization of cost contribution to EBIT for assigned commodity
categories according to corporate guidelines. Initiates,
coordinates, and monitors pooling opportunities and NPM programs.
Initiate exchange for categories with BGs (e.g. Marketingsummit).
Supports optimization of global procurement process efficiency,
methods, and tools used. Implements procurement policies and
procedures and sets guidelines as necessary.
* Initiate and achieve targeted cost reduction programs; Perform
data analysis of NPM spend to determine best cost saving
* Manage national programs and conduct RFPs as necessary for
categories; Travel (US Airlines, US Hotels, supporting rentals,
reporting to drive compliance to programmes), Office Supplies,
Packaging / packaging supplies, MRO / Shop Supplies / Janitorial &
Cleaning / lab supplies reduce costs by standardizing categories
purchases in volumes across the BGs, in collaboration with the BGs,
Marketing (consolidation, optimization) including Print, Trade
Shows and Online Services, Staffing
* Centralize / Standardize expense categories for spend categories
(e.g. marketing) and gain alignment/agreement from all US BGs.
* Create user-friendly Training for BGs to drive compliance to
programs and support realization of savings by using tools
* Bachelor s degree in business, supply chain, or related
* Minimum of 5 years experience purchasing, indirect buying,
negotiations and finance.
* Demonstrated ability to lead peer and supplier relationships and
to build an aligned strategy.
* Knowledgeable in or experienced in working with Marketing (Trade
Shows, Services, Print), Office Supplies, Travel, HR and/or other
* Ability to analyze opportunities for cost improvement as well as
assess supplier performance (such as quality, cost, reliability,
ability to innovate, and financial stability).
* Financial skills to assess the total cost of procurement.
* Interpersonal skills necessary to build effective working
relationships with stakeholders and supply partners and facilitate
cross-organizational discussions and drive consensus on category
* Strong negotiation skills with knowledge of law and
* Expertise in project management, procurement methods, and data
* Strong oral and written communication skills in business English,
additional languages beneficial
* Ability to work with a wide range of technical, sales,
manufacturing, management personnel and business process
* Be comfortable acting as an agent of change and be able to keep
the big picture in focus, in order to create win-win outcomes
* Able to provide reporting on progress in multiple formats to
multiple leadership levels within the company
* Able and willing to travel within the US and Internationally
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further
development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge
and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a
special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl
Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future
JOIN US TODAY. INSPIRE PEOPLE TOMORROW.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes. Online Application
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer
Keywords: Carl Zeiss Inc., Bristol , Buyer - Indirect Material, Other , White Plains, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!