ER Tech - Emergency Room
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Description Job Schedule: Part Time Standard Hours: 24 Job
Shift: Shift 3 Shift Details: 3 11p-730a shifts every other weekend
and rotating holidays. Work where every moment matters.Every day,
almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one
thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters
here. We invite you to become part of Connecticuts most
comprehensive healthcare network.Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a
122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in
Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care
resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and
Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an
expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced
technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and
comfortable patient environment. Job SummaryUnder direct
supervision of a registered nurse, performs select tasks that are
supportive and complementary to emergency nursing practice. May
perform clerical and receptionist duties to include registration of
the Emergency Services patient
- Assists in the administration of emergency patient care by
performing specifically delegated care and procedures under the
direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Performs specific procedures according to the patient plan of
care under the supervision of the Registered Nurse. Obtains and
documents patient vital signs, including temperature, blood
pressure, weight, respiration and pulse, and records on patients
- Provides personal care assistance to patients, including
dressing, feeding and elimination.
- Assists in patient transportation.
- Performs and documents constant observation. Charts only those
treatments and procedures which have been done and factual
observations which have been made
- Performs Post-Mortem care.
- Performs specimen collection, including urine, stool and
- Assists the Emergency registrar in the registration of
Emergency Services patients into Meditech. Enters orders and
charges into Meditech.
- Draws blood from patients 13 years old and up by venipuncture,
observing strict principles of asepsis and antisepsis to prevent
infection of patient and contamination of specimens.
- Performs and obtains ECGs.
- Performs Clerical and receptionist duties as directed. Answers
telephones, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine
information to callers.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for
patients/families in accordance with hospital standards.
Participates in the communication process by interacting
effectively with patient, coworkers, visitors, and medical staff.
Maintains confidentiality of patient and unit care data.
- Maintains equipment, inventories, and supplies including those
used by ambulance personnel.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures,
objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and
infection control standards. Participates in educational programs
and in service meetings. Performs all other related duties as
- Current CNA, EMT or Medical Assistant certification or minimum
of one semester in Nursing School required Minimum of 1 year of
relevant experience as a CNA, EMT, Medical Assistant or minimum of
one semester in Nursing School requiredWe take great care of
careers.With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters, and this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Bristol , ER Tech - Emergency Room, Other , Bristol, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!