Diesel Mechanic - Bristol Public Schools
Company: First Student
Posted on: November 15, 2023
First Student is now hiring a Gas or Diesel Mechanic for our
shop serving Bristol Public Schools!
First things---First: Who are we?--- - -
Twice the size of our next largest competitor,---First
Student,---is the leading school transportation solutions provider
in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student
journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined.
With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry's strongest
safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services to
1,100 school districts. -
Why join First as a Gas or Diesel Mechanic?
- -$28 - $30.00 per hour based on experience and qualifications
(NOT flat rate)
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday 5:00 am - 1:30 pm full-time shift schedule and
consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
About the Gas or Diesel Mechanic Position
As a Diesel Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and
repair Freight Liner C2 school buses to ensure vehicle readiness &
safety while guiding lower-level technicians. Other major job
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment
repair, including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, &
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.
Gas or Diesel Technician Qualifications
- Valid driver's license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed - We train!
- At least 3 - 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance &
repair experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic's tool set
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Subject to a drug test.
Get your career on the road with First -Student! - -
-We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive
to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all. - -
Keywords: First Student, Bristol , Diesel Mechanic - Bristol Public Schools, Engineering , Bristol, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!